Beverly A. Berneman
Areas of Practice
- Trademarks, Copyright, Trade Secrets, Registrations, Rights Protectionand Related Litigation
- Audits of Intellectual Property and Development of Intellectual Property Management Programs
- Licensing, sales and purchases of Intellectual Property Assets
- Financing Development of Intellectual Property
- LLM, The John Marshall Law School, Intellectual Property, with honors, 2003
- J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law, with honors, 1985
- B.A. in Theaterfrom University of Boulder, Colorado, with honors, 1977
- Illinois, 1985
- U.S. District Court, N.D. Illinois, 1985
- U.S. District Court, C.D. Illinois, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
Beverly is a member of several legal and professional organizations, including:
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Copyright Society of America
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
Beverly joined Golan & Christie in November 2010. Previously, she served as chair of the Intellectual Property Practice Group at Querrey & Harrow, Ltd. Prior to joining the firm, Beverly was the managing partner of Benjamin, Berneman &Brom, LLC.
She is an adjunct professor at the John Marshall School of Law and Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Beverly has written and spoken at seminars, meetings, and conventions about bankruptcy and intellectual property issues, including Deepening Insolvency: A New Cause of Action against Directors and Officers; The UCC Toolbox; Hot Topics in Secure Transactions and Intellectual Property; Intellectual Property and Bankruptcy; Ten Things Every Intellectual Property Practitioner Should Know about Secured Transactions; Navigating the Bankruptcy Waters in a Domain Name Rowboat; and Caveat Trade Secret Misappropriation Debts.
- Search, Inc. (an agency assisting and training developmentally disabled adults) – Board of Directors
- Board of Jewish Education – Board of Directors
- Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center (assistance in processing and coordinating services for abused children) – Board of Directors